Data is the foundation of insight and understanding
"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight and understanding." - Marshall McLuhan, Canadian Communications Professor
Once we have completed our deep review of your firm’s people and processes we take away everything we have gathered and the analysis gets underway. We interrogate the data to truly understand what works well and what needs improvement based on the evidence. Using tools and methodologies honed during years of working alongside law firms we can interpret the information to gather a complete picture of your business as it is today: the dynamics, culture and current position. We will also identify a vision of your prospects; where you can be, what you should be focusing on and what needs to be done to get you there.
Examples of the insight we regularly help firms to gain include:
- Identifying the market sectors which are the most profitable and have the most potential
- Identifying who is really making it rain within the business
- The benefit of a merger or acquisition to consolidate position, market share and growth
- The need for a Partner retreat to get a clear strategy for all
- A change or introduction of regular and robust management information to support strategic decision making
- The need to train a staff in basic finance to understand what makes a profitable firm and how each plays their part in this
- The need to support fee earners to develop their business area through networking, seeing opportunities, understanding where their income is best generated
- The need to update systems or processes to streamline administration
- The need to restructure or reorganise particular teams
Sometimes the report we produce is all that a firm needs. The insight outlined is enough for them to revise their business plan and move forward. For others it is demonstrable that further input is required from us or other outside parties with specific expertise. In either case we provide you with a clear plan of action identifying what you need to do, how we can help or signposting you to others. Then it is time for action.
If you would like a conversation about how we can help you achieve your own unique objectives, please contact us.
"Once we know something, we find it hard to imagine what it was like not to know it." - Chip & Dan Heath, Authors of Made to Stick, Switch